Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wednesday the 15 (and Thursday, sort of)

At work I didn't do too much beside talk to Frank, my boss, about the group of Indian tourists who requested to have an Indian meal everyday. Throughout my research online and by phone I wrote my opinion about each of the three places. For lunch I went to one of the places, the 2nd best through research...or so I thought. I ordered my favorite vegetarian dish, that my mom makes and many Indian restaurants will have and it is almost impossible to screw up. Well, it was terrible. I won't go into details since I am not a food critic, but I was sorely disappointed, especially since I paid 9 Euros for it. The naan (bread), had a strange taste including had little black things in it. So I am hoping the 1st place restaurant through research is actually deserving of number 1! I did a double shift because I am skipping work on Friday to travel.
In the evening, there was the fiesta de intercambio. I decided to take the position of photographer and represent the company with their outfit. So basically, I followed my coworker/supervisor around and after she'd give out the stickers and get their emails, I'd ask if they want a photo and usually people do. Then, if they don't already ask, I tell them they can see the photos from that night at the bar's facebook, (which I give a little business card with their info), and also tell them on our website, and mention we specialize in awesome group trips like the one coming up to Ibiza, and if they seem interested, I give them our brochure. If they do not want one, I tell them that our website is on their sticker, too. Sometime throughout the night I'd encounter a fun group of kids and would ask them to pose holding our pamphlets so I could get an awesome new promo picture for the company's future advertising.

Fun night. One of my boss's wife with her friends came by towards the end of the shift! Cool adults. But wow, people can be sooo incredibly annoying! The drunkards especially, but what else should I expect? Once I was finished with my "job," I didn't care how rude I was to people. I was back to attitude. :)

Thursday - Did nothing but verify a few more last minute party goers for the Ibiza trip. We were so tired from the night before, that we couldn't do anything efficient. Deciphering the hieroglyphic-type emails from Wednesday night on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment