Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 2: Days 6 & 7

So on Monday, I helped with a few organizing of documents. Not much, still was brainstorming.

Tuesday - I helped make sure all payees had their name registered for their easyjet plane tickets. It was a group from Mexico and they are traveling all over Europe, how fun! My two bosses actually came in to work today and the one boss's wife also came in to show me and the full-time co-worker how to use these two programs to post pictures from the fiestas and trips onto the company website. My coworker and I practiced twice after we were shown.
One of my boss's, the one who hired me gave me a project! (small, but definitely a start.) I was shown this website with many US universities who have programs in Barcelona. Barça because we offer this Pamplona trip from Madrid and from Barcelona. We can easily reach our Madrid and surrounding area customers, but since Barça isn't part of our "turf," we have to do a little research. American students - check. Universities - check. Programs with trips - check. I did my research and compiled about 8 universities from the US who have programs right now in Barcelona. I want to reach 10, so I will finish tomorrow. After I get all of the information, the who, tele, email, fax, and on behalf of, I am going to call the numbers and tell them about our trip to Pamplona and if they would like to know more information, I can email or fax them our brochure for it! I am a little nervous because I must first speak in Spanish because these ARE Spanish people who work as the program coordinators. I know it is good to get the language practice, but I feel a million times more confident with my English, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment